90 Minutes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

90 Minutes

The Forum For Real Football Fans

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Laws Eager

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nigel SWFC
Admin
Nigel SWFC

Laws Eager Empty
PostSubject: Laws Eager   Laws Eager I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 4:40 pm

Sheffield Wednesday striker Marcus Tudgay will begin discussions about a new contract in the next two weeks, BBC Radio Sheffield reports.
The 26-year-old, who scored the Owls' winner against Sheffield United in Saturday's steel city derby, still has 18 months to run on his current deal.
"For players like Tudgay, we need to make them secure," said Wednesday manager Brian Laws.
"I'm sitting down with his agent in the next couple of weeks."
Tudgay joined Wednesday in January 2006 from Derby County for an undisclosed fee after an initial loan deal under former boss Paul Sturrock.
He has made 27 league starts so far this season and scored 10 goals.

We've got to make sure that we've got the players that we want, even though they've got over a year to go
Brian Laws on Lee Grant and Leon Clarke
But he is not the only player that Laws wants to begin contract discussions with.
"[Goalkeeper] Lee Grant and [striker] Leon Clarke are another two as well. We've got them all to talk to," he said.
"We've got to make sure that we've got the players that we want, even though they've got over a year to go. They are a good age, and we are going to sit down with them very shortly."
Keeper Grant, 26, is a former England Under-21 international who also joined the Owls from Derby, signing a three-year contract in July 2007.
Clarke was Laws' first permanent signing after he took over at Hillsborough in January 2007.
The 24-year-old has made 14 starts this season and scored five goals.
Back to top Go down
Welsh_Owl

Welsh_Owl

Laws Eager Empty
PostSubject: Re: Laws Eager   Laws Eager I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 5:04 pm

Good move laws tie up the best players cos we need them next year for play-off push
Back to top Go down

Laws Eager
Page 1 of 1