90 Minutes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

90 Minutes

The Forum For Real Football Fans

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bellamy.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nigel SWFC
Admin
Nigel SWFC

Bellamy. Empty
PostSubject: Bellamy.   Bellamy. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 4:09 pm

Bellamy dismisses supporter row

Craig Bellamy says he sometimes does not get 'respect' from Wales fans
Wales captain Craig Bellamy brushed aside an after-match verbal exchange with a Wales fan following the 1-0 friendly defeat by Poland in Portugal.
A fan heckled Bellamy as the Manchester City striker conducted an interview.
"It's a shame. I've shown my commitment to Wales turning up for these sorts of games, but it is me that always seems to get picked on for stick," he said.
"Maybe because I've never played for a Welsh club, I don't know, I've never got that same level of respect back."
Manchester City's new £14m striker engaged in a finger-pointing response with the fan and shouted back before being led away.
"I was trying to do an interview but that happens, that happens... a lot of them drink," Bellamy explained.

The incident overshadowed an encouraging Wales performance, in which Bellamy had impressed during the first 45 minutes before being substituted by Wales boss John Toshack in a pre-meditated move.
A good night's work was spoiled 10 minutes from the end when substitute Roger Guerreiro chipped Wales goalkeeper Boaz Myhill to earn Poland the victory.
"It was another good work-out, good opposition obviously and it was a strong team by them," Bellamy said.
"They're an established side who have been qualifying of late as well and had a generation of good players - top, experienced players who play at the highest level.
"But I do feel playing in this team that we do create chances as well, so it's nice going forward.
"There were a few other half-breaks from that which could have gone in as well, obviously when I went through and shot on my left foot.

Wales resume their World Cup qualifying campaign on 28 March at home to Finland, then four days later face Group Four leaders Germany, also in Cardiff.
"We are in good shape," Bellamy insisted. "Obviously it was a little bit disappointing with the result at the end but there were a lot of substitutions by both teams as well.
"You can see Poland do have a little bit more experience off the bench... and that probably told on us in the end.
"But it was a good work-out for us."
Back to top Go down
Welsh_Owl

Welsh_Owl

Bellamy. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bellamy.   Bellamy. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 4:11 pm

Poor bellamy never experienced welsh football nothing to do with it he just was poor both playin and as the captain
Back to top Go down

Bellamy.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
90 Minutes :: General Football :: International-
Jump to: