90 Minutes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

90 Minutes

The Forum For Real Football Fans

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Weymouth takeover talks collapse

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Welsh_Owl

Welsh_Owl

Weymouth takeover talks collapse Empty
PostSubject: Weymouth takeover talks collapse   Weymouth takeover talks collapse I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 2:33 pm

The crisis at Blue Square Premier side Weymouth has deepened after takeover talks with prospective investors ended.

Chief executive Gary Calder has told BBC Radio Solent the proposed takeover deal with former Cambridge United chairman Lee Power is dead.

Power and Colin Hill, brother of former manager Garry, had been in discussions with Calder about taking over.

"At this moment I can't see that this will be taken forward, so we have to look at every option," Calder said.

"Various people from local businesses have come in and spoken to me and we are still looking, but at this moment in time the Colin Hill and Lee Power scenario is dead in the water," he added.

Calder revealed that talks had broken down after an offer for the land surrounding the Wessex Stadium was turned down by land-owners Morgan Sindall Investments Ltd, a company part-owned by former chairman Malcolm Curtis.

The club's plight was highlighted on Monday when members of the first-team squad issued a 14-day payment notice - meaning they will be free to walk away from the club on 23 February.

On the pitch Alan Lewer's squad have been performing well, remaining unbeaten in their four Blue Square Premier league matches so far in 2009.
Back to top Go down
Nigel SWFC
Admin
Nigel SWFC

PostSubject: Re: Weymouth takeover talks collapse   Weymouth takeover talks collapse I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 2:43 pm

Damn.
I like Weymouth Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Welsh_Owl

Welsh_Owl

PostSubject: Re: Weymouth takeover talks collapse   Weymouth takeover talks collapse I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 2:47 pm

Me 2 cos when steve claridge managed them
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weymouth takeover talks collapse   Weymouth takeover talks collapse I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weymouth takeover talks collapse
Page 1 of 1