90 Minutes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

90 Minutes

The Forum For Real Football Fans

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

James as a wondeful weekend

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nigel SWFC
Admin
Nigel SWFC

James as a wondeful weekend Empty
PostSubject: James as a wondeful weekend   James as a wondeful weekend I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 2:10 pm

Owls midfielder James O'Connor has been reflecting on the memorable day when he became a dad for the first time just hours after helping Wednesday to a derby double against Sheffield United.

To see the full video click here

The Irishman played a key role in the momentous win at Bramall Lane last Saturday before making an immediate dash to witness the birth of his first-born, named Oliver James.

After enjoying the early throes of parenthood, O'Connor returned to the S6 camp on Thursday and looked back on his weekend to remember in front of the Wednesday World cameras.

"It was very exciting to say the least," he smiled. "To experience what I have done is just amazing. To get the derby win was great and then the new addition to the family even better.

"The game finished and I was straight off to the hospital. When the final whistle went, it was a case of the football being over and making sure the family's OK. Thankfully everything has worked out fine.

"There were one or two complications and I have to say the gaffer has been brilliant. This is my first day back and now I can't wait to get back training and playing."

Next up for O'Connor and Wednesday is another derby clash, this time against White Rose rivals Doncaster Rovers on Saturday.

After a sticky start to Championship life following promotion last season, Rovers have started to find their feet and O'Connor is expecting a tough test at the Keepmoat Stadium.

He added: "It's poised for a good game because we're in form and Doncaster have been playing some really good football in this division.

"They got a great result last week at Blackpool and have really picked themselves up. For us, it's about going on a run now and remaining unbeaten.

"It's near crunch time of the season and hopefully we can be the team that goes on a late run to finish in the play-offs."
Back to top Go down

James as a wondeful weekend
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
90 Minutes :: General Football :: Championship-
Jump to: