HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Laws Disappointed *& So Am I :evil:*

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nigel SWFC
Admin

PostSubject: Laws Disappointed *& So Am I :evil:*   Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:40 am

Brian Laws felt that a 30-minute spell of superiority from Doncaster Rovers in the first half ultimately gave the home side all three points at the Keepmoat Stadium on Saturday.

The Owls boss felt his side started well but then allowed the hosts to get on top before the interval and despite an improved showing after the break Wednesday were unable to bring any points home from their South Yorkshire neighbours.

"I thought we started the game really well and took the match to Doncaster in the first ten or 15 minutes," Laws said. "We should have gone ahead through James O'Connor but then we stopped passing the ball and our defenders were lashing at clearances which allowed Donny to pressurise our goal.

"In some ways we were lucky to be only 1-0 down at half time because Doncaster had control for half an hour before the break. They scored one and had other chances but we reacted well in the second half."

Article continues
Advertisement

Laws continued: "We kept the ball better in the second half and could have grabbed an equaliser. Leon Clarke hit the crossbar, he had a couple of other chances and looked half dangerous but on the balance of play Doncaster probably just shaded the game.

"They are a good side and the form team in the Championship but we have to make sure we are at it for 90 minutes against Barnsley on Tuesday night if we are to get a result."
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Laws Disappointed *& So Am I :evil:*
Page 1 of 1