HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Strachan Neverous!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nigel SWFC
Admin

PostSubject: Strachan Neverous!   Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:54 pm

Celtic manager Gordon Strachan admits Old Firm derbies are matches that he worries about losing.
Strachan's side host Rangers on Sunday, but he added he believes the outcome would not decide the title race.
"This fixture is huge. You look forward to it, but you just dread getting beat, you dread it." said Strachan.
"That said, I think it's been proved over recent games, it doesn't determine where trophies go with the mistakes both teams are making."
Celtic hold a two-point advantage over their city rivals at the top of the Scottish Premier League.
That lead had stood at seven points following Celtic's 1-0 victory at Ibrox on 27 December.

I don't think a draw would be a bad result for either team
Rangers manager Walter Smith
But the Celtic manager insisted he harbours no feelings of frustration that the gap has been narrowed.
"We never said that [we were in a commanding position], other people said that," said Strachan.
"I gave the example before, of last year when we were way behind, and came back to win the league. Maybe two seasons previously, when we were 20 points ahead, that's commanding.
"But Rangers have picked up more points than us of late, and we've not done enough to stay seven points ahead, so we've only got ourselves to blame for that one.

"I think the two-points difference tells you the league's evenly matched and nobody's going to run away with it."
Although victory for Rangers would see them leapfrog their hosts into top spot, manager Walter Smith says a share of the spoils would be a satisfactory outcome.
"It would be huge result for us if we could go back there and win again," said Smith, whose team were 4-2 victors on their last visit to Glasgow's east end in August.
"But we'll need to turn in a similar performance, or an even better one, than we did Celtic Park earlier in the season.
"I don't think a draw would be a bad result for either team.
"I'll be pleased if we match the standard of the two previous games this season."
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Strachan Neverous!
Page 1 of 1